Last night we got together at my sister's house to bake cookies. Every year, since I was a little girl, my mom, my sister, and I would spend an entire day baking cookies, fudge, and other sugary things. We missed out on our baking last year ( I think the first time ever) so this year we wanted to make SURE to get it done. We decided to do it at Dana's since she has a huge, beautiful kitchen. We baked for about 5 hours and did it without kids. The
daddies did a good job keeping the kids busy and putting them to bed while the mommies baked the night away! Here's a peek of the many cookies made that night!

Here's my mom making her famous fudge....oh wait,
it's not her famous fudge?

Dana making
her famous chocolate chip cookies

Mom and Dana frosting sugar cookies...we
usually make our frosting, but this year we decided to have fun with the cans...


Here is the best sugar cookie of the night (In my opinion). Of course Dana made it...she's very detail oriented and takes her time doing things. (Me on the other hand just slaps on some frosting!)

We made some wonderful Christmas memories...maybe next year we'll let the kids help!
2 comments:
Yikes....it looks like I've been eating cookies all year long! Better lace up my shoes and get some exercise!!
Boy, would I like a taste of those cookies . . . well really a smell. I can alsmost smell it across the miles. Jan, in all the pictures it seem I can see your Mom peeking at me, but especially the next to the last one. I think it is the impish look you have in these pictures.
LOVE YOU ALL !! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Post a Comment