If you know Jace & Quinn, then you know that where ever they are, their blankets (or see-bees, as they call them) are not far behind. You can usually find their blankies clenched tightly in their hands, while they are sucking their thumbs. They constantly want them no matter where they are or what mood they are in. They only suck their thumbs when they are holding their "see-bee". Lately Matt and I have talked about the downfalls to them having their blankets all the time: it hinders their play, the germs that they get on them, and the germs that they are constantly getting in their mouths from sucking their thumbs, etc. So, last Sunday we decided that it was the day...the day that their see-bees would stay in their beds. They would only be allowed to have them at nap time and bedtime. The first couple of days are rough, but they have done so good since then. They really only ask for them when their getting tired. They can't wait to cuddle with them when they get into their cribs. It has also worked in our favor as well because their "party time" at nap time and bed time has gotten very short. In the mornings, they give their "see-bees" a hug and they're off to play!! I'm proud of my big boys!!
You will no longer see pictures of the see-bees in every picture taken.....


Goodbye See-bees....see you at bedtime!!!
4 comments:
I was seriously worried that you were going to say you took them away completely! Since I STILL have this weird affection for MY "blankie" I would have been devastated for them! ha ha ha. Bed time See-bees are good though! :o)
YA RIGHT! I would not ever take them away completely! I slept with mine till I was 18 then sewed all 4 of them together to make a full-sized blanket on my bed!! :) don't worry, they still snuggle them in their beds!! :)
You are soooooo brave!! I never dared until one day I got so upset with it that I set a blankeee on fire,
The kids still remember that episode.
I am sorry kids.
Oh..I so need to do that with Alison!! Her "meena" goes everywhere still!! I need that will power not to give in..send some over my way please!
Post a Comment